- Relax the muscles in your face, including tongue, jaw and the muscles around the eyes
- Drop your shoulders as far down as they’ll go, followed by your upper and lower arm, one side at a time
- Breathe out, relaxing your chest followed by your legs, starting from the thighs and working down
- You should then spend 10 seconds trying to clear your mind before thinking about one of the three following images:
– You’re lying in a canoe on a calm lake with nothing but a clear blue sky above you
– You’re lying in a black velvet hammock in a pitch-black room
– You say “don’t think, don’t think, don’t think” to yourself over and over for about 10 seconds.